- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, or other pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan
- 1 egg
- Boil macaroni according to package directions until pasta is al dente.
- Strain pasta and return to original pot.
- Add all other ingredients except the egg.
- Stir over medium heat until everything is melted.
- Lower heat and add egg.
- Stir slowly and almost constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- I like to add other things to the macaroni & cheese after I've added the egg.
- It really depends on what is in my fridge.
- I've added green salsa, leftover pumpkin soup, sliced hot dogs, leftover steamed vegetables, whatever.
NotesI don't like to buy pre-packaged food if I think I can make it from scratch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More