- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, or other pasta of choice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp parmesan
- 1 egg
- Boil macaroni according to package directions until pasta is al dente.
- Strain pasta and return to original pot.
- Add all other ingredients except the egg.
- Stir over medium heat until everything is melted.
- Lower heat and add egg.
- Stir slowly and almost constantly for about 5 minutes.
- Allow to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- I like to add other things to the macaroni & cheese after I've added the egg.
- It really depends on what is in my fridge.
- I've added green salsa, leftover pumpkin soup, sliced hot dogs, leftover steamed vegetables, whatever.
NotesI don't like to buy pre-packaged food if I think I can make it from scratch.
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More