- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3-5 lb chuck roast
- 4 beef bouillon cube
- 3 cornstarch tbsp
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- I large onion, sliced into thick strips
- Rinse off roast and coat with flour. Place roast and onion in large pot. Brown on all sides in oil.
- Remove excess oil from pot, cover roast with onion and water. Add bouillion cubes.
- Cover and simmer 2 or 3 hours or until meat is tender. After 1 hour and 30 min. add potatoes and carrots
- Remove roast. Bring remaining liquid to a boil.
- Put cornstarch in a cup, add enough water to make a smooth mixture. Add liquified corstarch to boiling liquid stirring constantly until gravy is thickened. Add more or less cornstarch to gravy for desired thickness.
- Pour gravy over roast and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More