- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3-5 lb chuck roast
- 4 beef bouillon cube
- 3 cornstarch tbsp
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- I large onion, sliced into thick strips
- Rinse off roast and coat with flour. Place roast and onion in large pot. Brown on all sides in oil.
- Remove excess oil from pot, cover roast with onion and water. Add bouillion cubes.
- Cover and simmer 2 or 3 hours or until meat is tender. After 1 hour and 30 min. add potatoes and carrots
- Remove roast. Bring remaining liquid to a boil.
- Put cornstarch in a cup, add enough water to make a smooth mixture. Add liquified corstarch to boiling liquid stirring constantly until gravy is thickened. Add more or less cornstarch to gravy for desired thickness.
- Pour gravy over roast and serve.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
My Mom's Stuffing (My preacher recipe)
Hot Italian 'Krash' StackSee More