- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3-5 lb chuck roast
- 4 beef bouillon cube
- 3 cornstarch tbsp
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 medium potatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 2" pieces
- I large onion, sliced into thick strips
- Rinse off roast and coat with flour. Place roast and onion in large pot. Brown on all sides in oil.
- Remove excess oil from pot, cover roast with onion and water. Add bouillion cubes.
- Cover and simmer 2 or 3 hours or until meat is tender. After 1 hour and 30 min. add potatoes and carrots
- Remove roast. Bring remaining liquid to a boil.
- Put cornstarch in a cup, add enough water to make a smooth mixture. Add liquified corstarch to boiling liquid stirring constantly until gravy is thickened. Add more or less cornstarch to gravy for desired thickness.
- Pour gravy over roast and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes for VitalitySee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More