- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart strawberries, rinsed, stemmed, and quartered
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 1/3 cup Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. powdered sugar
- sugar cookies or macaroons for garnish
- Combine strawberries, zest, and liqueur in a mixing bowl and allow to soak for 1/2 hour.
- Crumble cookies and set aside.
- When ready to serve, whip sugar and cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in cookies and berry mixture.
- Serve in individual parfait glasses or dessert dishes with a strawberry or cookie to garnish.
NotesSummertime is the best time for this dessert, since strawberries are at their peak. It is sweet and simple, and wonderful served at the end of a nice dinner with friends or family.