- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 pint good quality vanilla ice cream (like Ben & Jerry's)
- orange liquer, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- Remove ice cream from freezer, place in a bowl and allow to thaw at room temperature until quite melted. Stir in a couple Tablespoons of orange liquer and taste. Add more if desired; flavor should be pleasant and not overwhelming. Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Hull and rinse berries and allow to dry on paper towels.
- Halve or quarter berries and for each serving, place in a decorative stemmed wine glass or champagne flute. Chill until ready to serve.
- At serving time, remove the "sauce" from the refrigerator and spoon over the berries. Garnish each glass with a mint sprig, if desired.
NotesEven if you don't cook, you can create an almost effortless dessert that looks very impressive. This recipe is about as easy and elegant as a dessert can get!
Taste of CenturyLink
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More