- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 - 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 pint good quality vanilla ice cream (like Ben & Jerry's)
- orange liquer, such as Cointreau or Grand Marnier
- Remove ice cream from freezer, place in a bowl and allow to thaw at room temperature until quite melted. Stir in a couple Tablespoons of orange liquer and taste. Add more if desired; flavor should be pleasant and not overwhelming. Cover bowl and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Hull and rinse berries and allow to dry on paper towels.
- Halve or quarter berries and for each serving, place in a decorative stemmed wine glass or champagne flute. Chill until ready to serve.
- At serving time, remove the "sauce" from the refrigerator and spoon over the berries. Garnish each glass with a mint sprig, if desired.
NotesEven if you don't cook, you can create an almost effortless dessert that looks very impressive. This recipe is about as easy and elegant as a dessert can get!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More