- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe strawberry cake
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Grand Marnier
- pinch of orange zest
- dash of cinnamon (you just want the slightest hint of cinnamon)
- Fresh strawberries, cleaned and halved for garnish
- Prepare the strawberry cake according to recipe instructions.
- Bake and allow cupcakes to completely cool before icing.
- Slowly mix the butter and confectioner's sugar until just combined.
- Add the vanilla extract, Grand Marnier, orange zest and the cinnamon and mix on high until the frosting is at the desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust vanilla/Grand Marnier if necessary but be careful - nothing will turn your icing boozy like too much booze!
- If the frosting is too thick, add milk by the teaspoon - a little liquid goes a long way with powdered sugar.
- Ice the cupcakes (I used a pastry bag fitted with a 2D tip) and garnish with strawberry halves.
- Recipe from Confections of a Foodie Bride
NotesAn original recipe for Strawberries Romanov cupcakes.
Strawberries Romanov is one of my favorite ways to eat fresh strawberries - ripe strawberries under a heaping spoonful of a good Romanov sauce recipe of velvety vanilla, cream, and Grand Marnier with just the slightest hint of cinnamon. Pure heaven.
My husband suggested trying to recreate Strawberries Romanov in cupcake form for Easter dessert - great idea!