- Cooking Time: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream
- 3 pounds fresh strawberries, rinsed and hulled
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons Grand Manier
- 12 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- Advance Work:
- Spoon approximately 1/2 cup ice cream in 12 large crystal bowls or goblets.
- Store in freezer until needed.
- Place strawberries in a large bowl, sprinkle on 1 cup sugar and the Grand Manier.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place egg yolks and 1 cup sugar in top of a large double broiler.
- Set aside.
- Measure out the Marsala and white wine.
- Sabayon Preparation:
- Beat yolks and sugar with whisk for 2 to 3 minutes, until thick and pale yellow.
- Pour in the wines; place pan over hot but not boiling water.
- Beat yolks constantly until you see them begin to foam and rise (about 5 minutes).
- Keep beating another 3 to 5 minutes until sabayon doubles or more in bulk and becomes qauite thick and airy.
- Distribute marinated strawberries over the ice cream, spooning some of the strawberry juices.
- Top with generous portions of warm sabayon and serve immediately.
NotesSince this is the strawberry season, Strawberries Sabayon is a great dessert when you have friends and/or relatives over for dinner. Although it requires some last minute attention it is well worth the effort.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
No-Bake Flag Cookies
Aunt Sherry’s Chicken Cacciatore
Strawberry Cheese TartSee More