- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Servings: Depends
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut into fine ribbons
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, then cook for three minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool completely. Once cool, gently stir in the strawberries and basil.
NotesLove strawberries this way...sometimes serve over vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
A Falcon FeastSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More