- Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Servings: Depends
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
BackstoryLove strawberries this way...sometimes serve over vanilla ice cream.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut into fine ribbons
- Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, then cook for three minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and allow to cool completely. Once cool, gently stir in the strawberries and basil.