- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryRecipe from Recipefreak (Kitty). Photo by me! I made this cake yesterday for my mom's birthday and the girls at work! I thought I'd at least bring home a big piece for my hubby and kids to try but the girls at work ate a whole 13x9 pan! LOL! This cake taste like Strawberry Shortcake, kicked up a notch! Delicious! A keeper for sure! Kitty's note said the cake might not set up well but mine set up very nicely and I refrigerated it overnight!
- 1 qt. fresh strawberries, sliced or diced
- 1 (13 1/2 - 16 oz.) container strawberry glaze
- 9 Twinkies
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (Fat-Free, if desired)
- 12 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- Combine strawberries and glaze; set aside.
- Slice Twinkies in half lengthwise. Place cream side up on bottom of ungreased 9x13 dish.
- In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until creamy. Add Eagle Brand and mix well. Fold in cool whip.
- Spread mixture over Twinkies. Spoon strawberry mixture over top.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Spoon into individual serving dishes.
- Makes 16 servings.
- *Note: Best to just spoon it out. It doesn't really set up firm enough to cut in pieces, especially if using lower fat cream cheese and cool whip.