- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup good quality honey (My kind had a bit of honeycomb still in it, yum)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 oz. dried lavender or 1-2 Sprigs, fresh lavender
- 1 packet Fruit Jell - Freezer Jam Pectin
- 5 jam containers, ready to use (They sell specialty Freezer Jam Jars, I believe by the same manufacturer, with cute purple tops.)
- In a large bowl, crush strawberries until only small pieces remain and mixture is quite liquid. This takes several minutes for me, using a makeshift 'masher'. Set aside
- If desired, rehydrate lavender by adding a small amount of water in a bowl to your lavender. Stir and let sit for a minute. Drain, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix Pectin and sugar together until incorporated. Add to mashed strawberries. Add honey (microwaving if necessary to get it thin enough to pour). Stir for 3 minutes. Add lavender and lightly stir.
- 4. Ladle into clean jam jars, leaving 1/2" space at the top. Cap and let sit for 30 minutes. Store in your freezer until ready to use, or transfer to fridge and eat!
Notes"When it comes to strawberry jam, my mom's secret was to never cook the fruit itself. This lends to an incredibly fresh and delicious jam that comes together in about 15 minutes."
Makes Five - 8 oz. Jars
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More