- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 sheets honey graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons water
- Unflavored Cooking Spray
- 2 8 ounce packages light cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven at 350ºF
- Place crackers in a food processor, and process until crumbly. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, butter, and water; pulse just until moist. Place the mixture in 12 x 8 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray, pressing into bottom and up sides of pan to 3/4 inch. Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and extracts in a medium bowl; stir until smooth. Spread filling mixture evenly over bottom of crust.
- Place 4 cups strawberries in food processor; process until pureed. Combine puree, 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk or wooden spoon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 4 cups strawberries and lemon juice; toss to coat. Arrange berries, bottoms up in 5 straight lines over filling. Spoon glaze over berries. Arrange almonds around the edges. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Yield 10 servings.
NotesThe first time I made this Tart because I saw a picture of it on the cover of a cookbook. I convinced my wife that I should make it, and now it is one of our and some of our friends favorite desserts
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Special SmoothiesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More