- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 12 sheets honey graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons water
- Unflavored Cooking Spray
- 2 8 ounce packages light cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 8 cups fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven at 350ºF
- Place crackers in a food processor, and process until crumbly. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, butter, and water; pulse just until moist. Place the mixture in 12 x 8 inch baking pan coated with cooking spray, pressing into bottom and up sides of pan to 3/4 inch. Bake at 350ºF for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and extracts in a medium bowl; stir until smooth. Spread filling mixture evenly over bottom of crust.
- Place 4 cups strawberries in food processor; process until pureed. Combine puree, 1 cup sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly with a whisk or wooden spoon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 4 cups strawberries and lemon juice; toss to coat. Arrange berries, bottoms up in 5 straight lines over filling. Spoon glaze over berries. Arrange almonds around the edges. Cover and chill for 3 hours. Yield 10 servings.
NotesThe first time I made this Tart because I saw a picture of it on the cover of a cookbook. I convinced my wife that I should make it, and now it is one of our and some of our friends favorite desserts
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More