- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 1/2c thinly sliced peeled granny smith apples(about 3 med )
- 1 1/4c sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2c sugar
- 3 to 4 Tbs flour
- 1 pkg ready made crust
- In a large bowl combine the apples and strawberries, drizzle with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and flour,sprinkle over the fruit and toss.Pour filling into the pie crust and top with another crust.Brush a little milk over the crust and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 350 and continue baking for 35 to 40 minutes.
- This pie is great with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream
NotesI think this is my ultimate pie,love the apples and strawberries together. Got this recipe from my Taste of Home Magazine,it is the bomb.