- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryThis is strawberry-shortcake-mixed-together! Quite delicious, especially on a warm summer evening. It can also be made in a Bundt pan (very lightly sprayed with Pam) served with frozen strawberries (thawed) and cream.
- 1 angel food cake (store bought or homemade)
- 1 (1 lb) container frozen strawberry, with juice, thawed (do not use fresh rawberries,juices are essential)
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- Break angel cake into small pieces.
- Dissolve jello in 1 1/4 cups boiling water.
- Add strawberries and juices.
- Stir, and allow to cool.
- Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour over angel cake pieces and stir to combine.
- Pour into 2-piece angel food pan (or bundt pan).
- Refrigerate till firm.
- Remove sides of pan, put onto serving platter and cut as you would a cake.
- Serve with dollops of whipped cream and strawberries.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at HomeSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More