- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 TB cornstarch
- 1/2 water plus 3 TB
- 2 TB scotch whiskey blend
- 1 TB orange liqueur
- 2 TB sugar
- 2 cups crushed strawberries
- 1 TB Mandarano Balsamic Glaze & Sauce
- Whole strawberries for garnishing
- In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the 3 TB water.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, bring the remaining 1/2 cup water, the scotch whiskey blend, orange liqueur and sugar to a boil. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and heat, stirring constantly until everything thickens. If too thick, add a bit of water (1 TB at a time). If too thin, add a bit of cornstarch (1/2 tsp at a time). Stir in the crushed strawberries and balsamic glaze. If you want a stronger balsamic presence, add another TB.
- Pour everything into a bowl and set the bowl inside a larger bowl that contains ice water. Stir to cool. Spread over the top of your chilled cheesecake. Chill an additional 2 hours.
- Or....just pour the whole thing over the top...and serve as is....one big beautiful hot nirvana-ish mess
NotesI use my standard cheesecake recipe and just add whatever topping (over the sour cream topping) I feel like at the time.