- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2qts of strawberries, clean, wash and pat dry then, quarter
- 4 cups sparkling water
- 1 cups white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup white rum
- ½ cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- In a deep saucepan, start with water and sugars. Stir occasionally until sugar is melted then, add strawberries and balsamic vinegar. Simmer for 1 hour and add in rum. Continue simmer on medium-low heat until the entire volume reduces by half. Stir frequently.
- Once the mixture has reduced by half, slowly stir in ½ cup of heavy cream (that is at room temperature). (You should mix in slowly to avoid the cream curdling from the heat of the strawberry mixture.)
- Turn off heat, let sit for about five minutes then serve. This stores well in an airtight or vacuum-sealed container for two weeks.
- This reduction is absolutely WONDERFUL as a sauce!!! Try as a toss vinaigrette in a spinach salad or as a flavor enhancer for vanilla ice cream or a pound cake or angel food cake slice !
NotesThis was a huge hit at a dinner party that I recently catered - it went surprisingly well on the roasted leg of lamb.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More