- Cooking Time: 80 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed, overly ripe (aka brown) bananas
- 1/2 cup mashed strawberries
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350' F. Grease a 12 cup bundt pan.
- Cream the butter in a large bowl with your electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar, beating at low speed. Once the sugar has been fully incorporated, increase the speed to high and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at time, beating well and scraping down the bowl after each egg. Once all the eggs have been added, continue beating until smooth and even more pale.
- Beat in the strawberries and bananas.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and nutmeg. Combine the buttermilk and vanilla. Turn the electric mixer down to low. Alternating between the flour and the buttermilk, add 1/3 flour, then 1/3 buttermilk until all the flour and buttermilk are fully incorporated.
- Stir in the lemon zest.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake for 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a rack for 20 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to continue to cool completely.
- While your bundt is cooling, make your favorite glaze to pour over the top. I chose a chocolate glaze
NotesA cross between a cake and a quick bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More