- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pkg.(6oz)strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 pkg.(10oz)froz. sweetened,sliced
- strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 can(20oz) crushed pineapple,
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups(16oz) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water.
- Stir in strawberries, pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 13x9 dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Set the remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Spread over the chilled gelatin.
- Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top.
- Chill overnite.
- Makes: 12 to 15 servings
NotesThis salad/dessert is always a favorite when I take it family get togethers. It's cool and refreshing, but NOT filling. Enjoy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
The Naked MacaronSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More