- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 Cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1 Cup oats
- 1/2 Cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup sliced strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- 2. Grease an 8x8 inch pan
- 3. In a large bowl,combine all ingredients, except strawberries
- 4. Put 2 Cups of the mixture and press into bottom of the greased pan. Be sure to cover the whole pan
- 5. Place the sliced strawberries evenly over the pressed mixture
- 6. Take the remaining mixture from the bowl and spread it evenly over the strawberry layer
- 7. Bake for 25 minutes then remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes
- 8. Cut into 12 bars and enjoy!
Notes*If using a dark pan, decrease oven temperature by 25F.
* Feel free to use more butter/margarine than the recipe calls for. Although delicious I thought these were a little too crumbly.
*Original recipe called for 3/4 Cup Jam instead of fresh strawberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
The Naked Macaron
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More