- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1/4 c. simple syrup (1 part sugar to 1 part water)
- 1/2 c.white rum or vodka (more or less for your taste)
- First, make a simple syrup using 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Heat in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves completely, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, slice strawberries into thirds.
- Place them in a bowl and toss them with about 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Let them macerate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Fill a shaker with ice, add 2 or 3 basil leaves, about 3-4 tablespoons of the strawberries and the juices that have settled in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add about 3 ounces of a clear liquor...Bacardi is usually my pick.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of the simple syrup. Muddle everything really well with a muddler, or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour everything into a tall serving glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil or mint.
- Makes about 2 beverages.
NotesI first had this beverage at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I loved it so much, I came home determined to make this recipe at home. After many trials, I've come up with this, and it's a winner! Watch out for them though. The simple syrup really masks the liquor. I drank two of these one night, and I was pretty toasted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Recipes for Vitality
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More