- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 8 large basil leaves
- 1/4 c. simple syrup (1 part sugar to 1 part water)
- 1/2 c.white rum or vodka (more or less for your taste)
- First, make a simple syrup using 1 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Heat in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves completely, then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, slice strawberries into thirds.
- Place them in a bowl and toss them with about 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Let them macerate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Fill a shaker with ice, add 2 or 3 basil leaves, about 3-4 tablespoons of the strawberries and the juices that have settled in the bottom of the bowl.
- Add about 3 ounces of a clear liquor...Bacardi is usually my pick.
- Add about 3 tablespoons of the simple syrup. Muddle everything really well with a muddler, or the end of a wooden spoon.
- Pour everything into a tall serving glass.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil or mint.
- Makes about 2 beverages.
NotesI first had this beverage at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I loved it so much, I came home determined to make this recipe at home. After many trials, I've come up with this, and it's a winner! Watch out for them though. The simple syrup really masks the liquor. I drank two of these one night, and I was pretty toasted.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
A Falcon Feast
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More