- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- A small handful (about 1/3 cup) fresh basil leaves
- 5 small strawberries (or 3 large), hulled [be sure to use fragrant and full-flavored strawberries: if they're a bit bland, I'm quite sure they'll get lost in the battle]
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Combine the Parmesan, almonds, and basil in a mixer or blender, and process in short pulses until the mixture forms a paste. Add the strawberries and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Transfer into a jar, close tightly, refrigerate, and use within a few days.
- Use in sandwiches, on canapes and crostini, toss with pasta, etc.
NotesI found this recipe on ChocolateandZucchini.com, one of my favorite cooking sites. It is quite different and surprisingly delicious!
Makes about 1/2 cup (the recipe can be doubled).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More