- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- A small handful (about 1/3 cup) fresh basil leaves
- 5 small strawberries (or 3 large), hulled [be sure to use fragrant and full-flavored strawberries: if they're a bit bland, I'm quite sure they'll get lost in the battle]
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Combine the Parmesan, almonds, and basil in a mixer or blender, and process in short pulses until the mixture forms a paste. Add the strawberries and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Transfer into a jar, close tightly, refrigerate, and use within a few days.
- Use in sandwiches, on canapes and crostini, toss with pasta, etc.
NotesI found this recipe on ChocolateandZucchini.com, one of my favorite cooking sites. It is quite different and surprisingly delicious!
Makes about 1/2 cup (the recipe can be doubled).
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Carl’s Cabbage Cream Pie
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
Banana CakeSee More