- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- A small handful (about 1/3 cup) fresh basil leaves
- 5 small strawberries (or 3 large), hulled [be sure to use fragrant and full-flavored strawberries: if they're a bit bland, I'm quite sure they'll get lost in the battle]
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Combine the Parmesan, almonds, and basil in a mixer or blender, and process in short pulses until the mixture forms a paste. Add the strawberries and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Transfer into a jar, close tightly, refrigerate, and use within a few days.
- Use in sandwiches, on canapes and crostini, toss with pasta, etc.
NotesI found this recipe on ChocolateandZucchini.com, one of my favorite cooking sites. It is quite different and surprisingly delicious!
Makes about 1/2 cup (the recipe can be doubled).
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
MetroCooking DC 2013
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Teriyaki Salmon and Green Onion Kabobs
"Lightened Up" Carrot CakeSee More