- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI found this recipe on ChocolateandZucchini.com, one of my favorite cooking sites. It is quite different and surprisingly delicious!
Makes about 1/2 cup (the recipe can be doubled).
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup whole blanched almonds, toasted
- A small handful (about 1/3 cup) fresh basil leaves
- 5 small strawberries (or 3 large), hulled [be sure to use fragrant and full-flavored strawberries: if they're a bit bland, I'm quite sure they'll get lost in the battle]
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Combine the Parmesan, almonds, and basil in a mixer or blender, and process in short pulses until the mixture forms a paste. Add the strawberries and olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Transfer into a jar, close tightly, refrigerate, and use within a few days.
- Use in sandwiches, on canapes and crostini, toss with pasta, etc.