- Cooking Time: 55-60 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups (6 1/4 oz) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (7 oz) sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 14 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 TB lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (10 oz) mashed strawberries
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt nutmeg, and nuts.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon zest, strawberries, and buttermilk. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until toothpick
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
NotesAfter receiving a flat of strawberries just as strawberry season began....I thought I'd try something new. Delicious and as simple as banana bread.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
VivaVeganGal's Family FavoritesSee More
Katherine's Lemon Meringue Pie: Desperate Housewives
Kung Pao Chicken
TACO BAKESee More