- Cooking Time: 55-60 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups (6 1/4 oz) all purpose flour
- 1 cup (7 oz) sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 14 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 TB lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups (10 oz) mashed strawberries
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt nutmeg, and nuts.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, lemon zest, strawberries, and buttermilk. Pour into dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until toothpick
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
NotesAfter receiving a flat of strawberries just as strawberry season began....I thought I'd try something new. Delicious and as simple as banana bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More