- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 oz Brie cheese
- 8 - 10 oz strawberries (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tsp or so of sugar to sprinkle over the strawberries, if needed / desired
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 450' F. Liberally grease 24 mini muffin tins.
- Divide your Brie Cheese into 24 pieces. I took that white paper-ish stuff off the cheese first. Cut your strawberries into little bite sized pieces. The berries I had were from the grocery store, so I did sprinkle some sugar over them to sweeten them up a bit.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with a fork or whisk. Add flour, lemon zest, milk, sugar and salt. Beat until smooth but don't over beat it.
- Fill your muffin tins about 2/3 full
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temp. to 350' F and continue baking for another 10 minutes, or until they are crusty and golden brown.
- Cut a slit in the top of each popover. Put a small spoonful of strawberries inside and then plug up that hole with a piece of cheese
- Put them back in the oven for 5 minutes. Immediately remove them from the pan and serve.
NotesThis is a BakeSpace Challenge inspired recipe! We had to make something that included eggs and strawberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More