- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 15
- 8 oz Brie cheese
- 8 - 10 oz strawberries (plus more for garnish)
- 1 tsp or so of sugar to sprinkle over the strawberries, if needed / desired
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 450' F. Liberally grease 24 mini muffin tins.
- Divide your Brie Cheese into 24 pieces. I took that white paper-ish stuff off the cheese first. Cut your strawberries into little bite sized pieces. The berries I had were from the grocery store, so I did sprinkle some sugar over them to sweeten them up a bit.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs slightly with a fork or whisk. Add flour, lemon zest, milk, sugar and salt. Beat until smooth but don't over beat it.
- Fill your muffin tins about 2/3 full
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temp. to 350' F and continue baking for another 10 minutes, or until they are crusty and golden brown.
- Cut a slit in the top of each popover. Put a small spoonful of strawberries inside and then plug up that hole with a piece of cheese
- Put them back in the oven for 5 minutes. Immediately remove them from the pan and serve.
NotesThis is a BakeSpace Challenge inspired recipe! We had to make something that included eggs and strawberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More