- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tblsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter muffin tins (unless you're using non-stick).
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry.
- Fill each cup to the top.
- In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients.
- Blend until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over tops of muffins (don't be stingy!).
- Bake about 20 minutes.
NotesWhenever I use buttermilk in a recipe I'm always looking for ways to use the rest of it up, so I found this recipe! The best part of these muffins is that they have huge tops, which, as we all know, is the best part of a muffin!
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More