- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhenever I use buttermilk in a recipe I'm always looking for ways to use the rest of it up, so I found this recipe! The best part of these muffins is that they have huge tops, which, as we all know, is the best part of a muffin!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tblsp butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter muffin tins (unless you're using non-stick).
- Whisk together egg, buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently fold in berries.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry.
- Fill each cup to the top.
- In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingredients.
- Blend until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle over tops of muffins (don't be stingy!).
- Bake about 20 minutes.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More