- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix such as Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Strawberry Cake Mix
- 2 eggs (Erin’s Note: if you’re worried about using raw eggs you can always substitute pasteurized eggs or egg product. You can also adapt this recipe to be used with a cooked custard base).
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops of red food coloring just to make sure you get the brightest possible pink color.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, then continue to whisk until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream, vanilla, cake mix, food coloring, and milk and whisk to blend. At this point I like to chill the batter in the refridgerator for two hours and then freeze according to my ice cream maker’s manufacturer instructions, but if you are pressed for time feel free to skip this step.
NotesThis creamy ice cream is even better than traditional cake batter varieties because well…it’s pink and it’s strawberry. The pretty color looks absolutely festive, especially when topped with a dusting of pastel jumbo sprinkles.
Cooking with Sabra
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More