- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry gelatin
- 3/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine, softened
- 3 3/4 cups Big Chief powdered sugar
- 1/2 strawberry mixture (leftover from cake preparation)
- Make Cake:
- Combine cake mix and gelatin.
- Mix together by hand.
- Add oil, milk and egg yolks; beat just enough to mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix coconut, nuts, and strawberries.
- Add half of this mixture to batter (reserving remaining half for frosting.)
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into batter.
- Pour into three 8 or 9-inch greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Make Frosting:
- Cream margarine. Stir in Big Chief powdered sugar. Add remaining half of strawberry mixture and beat well. Ice cooled cake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Breads and Pastry 101
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More