- Cooking Time: 40 min. + chilling
- Servings: 12-15
- Preparation Time: 45 min.
- 2-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the sides of a greased 13-in.x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into the crust.
- Bake at 350 F. for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Carefully spread sour cream over the top. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water. Refrigerate for 45 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- Carefully pour a third of the gelatin over sour cream layer. Arrange strawberries over gelatin; pour remaining gelatin over berries. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Yield: 12-15 servings.
NotesThis recipe has been in my family for a very long time. My Mom made it and she passed it on, I really love strawberries and I make a lot of desserts, using strawberries during the short strawberry season we have here. This recipe is very pretty and combines my two favorite things, cheesecake and strawberries.
See more good recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
And also another strawberry dessert at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More