- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- 250g (8oz) light cream cheese, softened
- 500g (16oz) regular cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup pure strawberry puree
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring-form pan and wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Put the cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir the mixture until the crumbs are evenly moistened with the butter. Transfer the crumbs to the buttered pan.
- Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan, and slightly up the sides.
- Bake the crust for 6 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Beat cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs and cornstarch; mix just until blended.
- Beat in strawberry puree.
- Pour into prepared crust.
- Bang the cake on the countertop to settle batter.
- Bake 1 hour, in a prepared water bath, until center is almost set.
- Turn oven off, leave cheesecake to cool in oven 30 minutes, then remove from oven and water and cool completely on a rack.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving.
NotesA delightfully pink, sinfully rich strawberry-vanilla cheesecake with a chocolate crust.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More