STRAWBERRY CREME FRAICHE ICE CREAM WITH COCONUT, VANILLA SUGAR AND LEMON ZEST
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (35%)
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- a pinch of salt
- Place the strawberries and both sugars in the food processor. Process until the strawberries are pured.
- Place the pure in a bowl. Add the cream, creme fraiche, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut extract and salt.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (the mixture should be very cold when you pour it into the ice cream maker).
- Freeze the ice cream according to the instructions wit your ice cream maker. With my machine, it took about 25 minutes for the ice cream to be ready.
- Once the ice cream is done, pack it into a container and freeze. Or just eat it right out of the machine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Family and Friends Starter CookBookSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More