STRAWBERRY CREME FRAICHE ICE CREAM WITH COCONUT, VANILLA SUGAR AND LEMON ZEST
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream (35%)
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- a pinch of salt
- Place the strawberries and both sugars in the food processor. Process until the strawberries are pured.
- Place the pure in a bowl. Add the cream, creme fraiche, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut extract and salt.
- Mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (the mixture should be very cold when you pour it into the ice cream maker).
- Freeze the ice cream according to the instructions wit your ice cream maker. With my machine, it took about 25 minutes for the ice cream to be ready.
- Once the ice cream is done, pack it into a container and freeze. Or just eat it right out of the machine.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The NourishFull Kitchen
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More