- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- strawberry sauce for cupcakes:
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, cut in half and stem removed
- sugar to taste
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin, sprinkled into 4 tsp cold water left to sit for a few minutes, then heated until dissolved.
- 1 container lowfat strawberry yogurt
- same amount of heavy whipping cream
- a tablespoonful or so of sugar
- strawberry sauce for cupcakes:Macerate strawberries with about 1-2 tbs sugar for 15 minutes. Put strawberries in a small saucepan and heat under medium heat with lid on. Cook strawberries for approximately 15 minutes till strawberries cook down and become soft and saucy. Adjust sweetness with sugar until you get the desired sweetness. Using a hand blender, puree until you get the desired smoothness or chunkiness. Cool before using in recipe.
- Cupcakes:Beat butter on high until soft, about 30 seconds. Add sugar. Beat on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beat for 30 seconds between each. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Measure out milk and strawberry sauce together. Add about a fourth of the flour to the butter/sugar mixture and beat to combine. Add about one third the milk/strawberry sauce mixture and beat until combined. Repeat above, alternating flour and milk and ending with the flour mixture. Scoop into cupcake papers about half to three-quarters full (depending on whether you want flat or domed cupcakes). Bake for 20-22 minutes at 350F until a cake tester comes out clean.
- frosting: whip these ingredients together until thickened but not stiff with an electric mixer. put the mixer on 'high' then slowly drizzle the melted gelatin into the yogurt mix until well incorporated.
- transfer into one of those ziplock type storage bags and refrigerate. it will set in about ten minutes. cut a small corner off of one end of the bag and squeeze the whipped yogurt onto the top of a cooled cupcake.
NotesBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com. Cupcake recipe from Flickr user speedM; Frosting recipe from Flickr user chotda.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More