- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 16 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Crust Layer:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Second Layer:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Mix the butter, flour, sugar and pecans in a bowl, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, press into a 9-in. x 13-in. baking dish.
In a preheated 350 F. oven bake crust 9-11 minutes; do not allow crust to brown. Set aside to cool completely on a wire rack.
In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Blend in the whipped topping. Spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Top with strawberries and glaze to serve.
To make the glaze, mix the water and cornstarch together and put in a saucepan with the chopped strawberries, bring to a boil and let boil about 2 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and add the butter and lemon juice. Let cool before drizzling over the halved strawberries.
See more recipe at: www.havefunbaking.com
And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com