- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 16 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Crust Layer:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Second Layer:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/2 quarts fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Mix the butter, flour, sugar and pecans in a bowl, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, press into a 9-in. x 13-in. baking dish.
- In a preheated 350 F. oven bake crust 9-11 minutes; do not allow crust to brown. Set aside to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Blend in the whipped topping. Spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Top with strawberries and glaze to serve.
- To make the glaze, mix the water and cornstarch together and put in a saucepan with the chopped strawberries, bring to a boil and let boil about 2 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from the heat and add the butter and lemon juice. Let cool before drizzling over the halved strawberries.
- See more recipe at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And also at: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThis recipe I adapted from a blueberry recipe but used strawberries instead. It is strawberry season, where I live and I love to use fresh strawberries in this dish. This dessert is light and the sweet cream cheese layer is perfect with the fresh strawberries.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy BlogSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More