- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- Pastry shell Ingredients:
- 1 C all-purpose flour
- 1 T sugar
- 6 T butter, at room temperature, but not soft
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 T ice water
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 pkg (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3 T dairy sour cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 quarts strawberries
- 1 C sugar
- 3 T cornstarch
- Red food coloring
- Directions: Pastry Shell
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Then work in butter with fingertips.
- Add egg yolk and 1 tablespoon ice water.
- Work with fingers until dough holds together (work well but don’t overwork).
- Pat into flat round.
- Wrap and chill until firm enough to roll.
- Then roll between sheets of waxed paper to fit a 9” loose-bottomed tart pan.
- Remove top paper and turn pastry over pan, centering.
- Let pastry slip down into pan and gently pull off paper.
- Use fingertips to press pastry into pan.
- Even off rim and chill shell.
- Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees) about 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- While baking, prick dough with fork whenever it begins to bubble (this helps to keep shell flat).
- Cool on rack.
- Directions: Filling
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add sour cream and beat until smooth.
- Spread on bottom of cooled pastry shell and refrigerate.
- Wash and hull strawberries.
- Reserve 1 cup “uneven” strawberries.
- Mash enough uneven strawberries to make 1 cup.
- Force mashed strawberries through sieve.
- Add water to make 1 cup.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch.
- Add 1/2 cup water and sieved berries to sugar-cornstarch.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture is clear and thickened.
- Then boil about 1 minute.
- Stir to cool slightly.
- Add a little red food coloring if necessary.
- Fill shell with remaining berries, tips up.
- Pour cooked mixture over top.
- Chill one hour.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More