STRAWBERRY FREEZER JAM
Strawberry Freezer Jam
- Prep Time:
- 30 min
- Total Time: 24 hr 30 min
- Makes:5 (1-cup) containers or 72 servings, 1 Tbsp. each
- 2 cups crushed strawberries (buy 1 qt. fully ripe strawberries)
- 4 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box SURE.JELL Fruit Pectin
- RINSE clean 5 (1-cup) plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. (I use canning jars as well)
RINSE clean 5 (1-cup) plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. (I use canning jars as well)
STEM and crush strawberries thoroughly, 1 cup at a time.(a quick pulsing in the food processor does fine as well) Measure exactly 2 cups prepared fruit into large bowl. Stir in sugar. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
MIX water and pectin in small saucepan. Bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling and stirring 1 minute. Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
FILL all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours. Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.