- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups crushed strawberries (buy about 1 qt. fully ripe strawberries)
- 4 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box SURE-JELL Fruit Pectin
- Rinse clean 5 (1-cup) plastic containers and lids with boiling water; dry thoroughly
- Stem and crush strawberries thoroughly, one cup at a time
- Measure exactly 2 cups prepared fruit into large bowl
- Stir in sugar, let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Mix water and pectin in small saucepan, bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly; continue boiling and stirring 1 minute
- Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy (a few sugar crystals may remain)
- Fill all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops; wipe off top edges of containers and immediately cover with lids
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
- Makes about 5 (1-cup) containers or 72 servings, 1 Tbsp. each.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More