- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups crushed strawberries (buy about 1 qt. fully ripe strawberries)
- 4 cups sugar, measured into separate bowl
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 box SURE-JELL Fruit Pectin
- Rinse clean 5 (1-cup) plastic containers and lids with boiling water; dry thoroughly
- Stem and crush strawberries thoroughly, one cup at a time
- Measure exactly 2 cups prepared fruit into large bowl
- Stir in sugar, let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Mix water and pectin in small saucepan, bring to boil on high heat, stirring constantly; continue boiling and stirring 1 minute
- Add to fruit mixture; stir 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and no longer grainy (a few sugar crystals may remain)
- Fill all containers immediately to within 1/2 inch of tops; wipe off top edges of containers and immediately cover with lids
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw in refrigerator before using.
- Makes about 5 (1-cup) containers or 72 servings, 1 Tbsp. each.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More