- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups strawberry sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 quarts strawberry ice cream slightly softened
- chilled club soda or chilled seltzer water
- 8 strawberries for garnish
- strawberry sauce:
- 3 cups hulled and thinly sliced strawberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- Strawberry Sauce:
- In a food processor or blender, in batches puree the strawberries, transfer the puree to a stainless steel or enameled saucepan, and stir in the sugar and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over moderate heat, stirring, and simmer it for 1 minute.
- Force the mixture through a fine sieve set over a bowl and chill the syrup, covered, for at least 3 hours.
- Strawberry Float:
- In each glass combine 1/4 cup each of the milk and strawberry sauce.
- Put 2 or 3 scoops of the ice cream into each glass and fill the glasses with the club soda or seltzer.
- Divide the remaining syrup among the sodas and garnish each soda with a strawberry.
NotesI can't get enough of strawberry flavored anything, this reminds me of working at Johnny Rockets, making real 50's style malt milkshakes and drinks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Cooking with SabraSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More