STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM SODA FLOATS
- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 10
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups strawberry sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 quarts strawberry ice cream slightly softened
- chilled club soda or chilled seltzer water
- 8 strawberries for garnish
- strawberry sauce:
- 3 cups hulled and thinly sliced strawberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
In a food processor or blender, in batches puree the strawberries, transfer the puree to a stainless steel or enameled saucepan, and stir in the sugar and water.
Bring the mixture to a boil over moderate heat, stirring, and simmer it for 1 minute.
Force the mixture through a fine sieve set over a bowl and chill the syrup, covered, for at least 3 hours.
In each glass combine 1/4 cup each of the milk and strawberry sauce.
Put 2 or 3 scoops of the ice cream into each glass and fill the glasses with the club soda or seltzer.
Divide the remaining syrup among the sodas and garnish each soda with a strawberry.