- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Place the berries into the container of a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth. Pour into a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat 1 1/4 cups of the cream in a saucepan over medium heat until it begins to bubble at the edge of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, remaining 1/4 cup cream, and corn syrup. Gradually pour the hot cream into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan, and heat until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, about 5 minutes. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Strain custard into the berry puree through a sieve, mix, and refrigerate until chilled.
- Fill an ice cream maker with the mixture, and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Cooking with Sabra
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More