- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstoryfound this in with my mom's recipes. she used to make strawberry and blueberry jam every summer. i'm not sure if this is the recipe she used, but it tastes pretty good either way
- 2 qts. strawberries--cut and crushed to yield 5 c. of crushed berries
- 1/2 tsp. of butter
- 1 box of powder Sure1-Jell
- 7 c. of sugar
- 1. Pour crushed berries into large boiler.
- 2. Measure sugar into seperate container and set aside.
- 3. Stir package of Sure-Jell into strawberries.
- 4. Add butter.
- 5. First you wan to bring berries and Sure-Jell to a full boil (a boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred) then you can add in sugar.
- 6. Remember that this must be stirred constantly.
- 7. Next add in sugar, stirring quickly.
- 8. Then return mixture to a full rolling boil and boil approx. 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 9. Then you can move from heat.
- 10. Now skim foam from top with metal spoon.
- 11. Then ladle quickly into jars that have been cleaned and preheated.
- 12. Next you need to clean rims of jars with clean hot cloth.
- 13. The place heated lids (lids that have been placed in simmering water for 1 minute) on jars and tighten rings.
- 14. Then urn jars upside down for 5 minutes.
- 15. Finally, return jars to upright position and let cool completely before storing.
- ** photo by KikkaSuperstar on flickr.