- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 min
BackstoryIn the photo you will notice that the strawberry seeds settled to the bottom of the mold and appear at the top when the salad is flipped and removed.
- 1 1/2 cups very hot water
- 1 envelope Knox gelatin
- 1 large pkg. strawberry Jell-O (or equivalent flavored gelatin)
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- Mix Jell-O with 1 1/2 cups hot water, following the directions on the package. In a small bowl soften Knox gelatin with small amount of cold water. Add 2-3 spoonfuls of hot Jell-O to Knox gelatin. Mix well.
- Add Knox gelatin to Jell-O mixture. In a blender blend berries and sour cream until smooth and all sour cream is blended well into the strawberries. Add blended mixture to Jell-O mixture, mix well by hand. Pour into a Jell-O mold or 11x7 Pyrex dish and chill until set.