- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Servings: 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 1/2 cups very hot water
- 1 envelope Knox gelatin
- 1 large pkg. strawberry Jell-O (or equivalent flavored gelatin)
- 1 (16 oz.) package frozen strawberries thawed
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- Mix Jell-O with 1 1/2 cups hot water, following the directions on the package. In a small bowl soften Knox gelatin with small amount of cold water. Add 2-3 spoonfuls of hot Jell-O to Knox gelatin. Mix well.
- Add Knox gelatin to Jell-O mixture. In a blender blend berries and sour cream until smooth and all sour cream is blended well into the strawberries. Add blended mixture to Jell-O mixture, mix well by hand. Pour into a Jell-O mold or 11x7 Pyrex dish and chill until set.
NotesIn the photo you will notice that the strawberry seeds settled to the bottom of the mold and appear at the top when the salad is flipped and removed.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Adventures in CookingSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More