- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries washed, hulled and pureed.
- 2 qts boiling water (8 cups)
- 8 cups sugar
- 4 oranges
- 3 lemons
- 2 oz citric acid
- Juice the oranges and lemons and set aside. Combine sugar, citric acid, lemon and orange peels in a large glass bowl. Pour boiling water over the mixture and give it a good stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Set aside to completely cool. When cooled add the juices from the oranges and lemons stir and set aside overnight. The next morning add the pureed strawberries, stir to combine. Pour into a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and place in the refrigerator to cool.
- Will keep several weeks properly refrigerated. I guess you could freeze it, but I have never froze it before so I do not know how the taste would be effected. It never sticks around long enough in my house to freeze it. This would make a great refreshing drink for children to sell at a lemonade stand. If they still do that these days.
- Anyway, when you want a refreshing drink, just take a little syrup put in a glass and add cold water and ice. Add a twist of orange and lemon slice and even a strawberry on the side of the glass as a garnish. For a fizzy drink, add seltzer water or club soda. Hope you enjoy this refreshing drink.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More