- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups strawberries (crushed)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin
- NOTE: Do NOT use a food processor to crush strawberries or you will get puree and jam will not have a good texture. Use a potato masher.
- In a large pot, mix together strawberries, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- Stir in sugar, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in pectin.
- Skim off foam.
- Stir for 5 minutes (this will prevent floating fruit).
- Ladle into sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch from rim. Wipe rims clean. Apply lids and rings. Tighten to fingertip tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
NotesMakes 6 half pints
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More