- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups strawberries (crushed)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2/3 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- 6 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package liquid pectin
- NOTE: Do NOT use a food processor to crush strawberries or you will get puree and jam will not have a good texture. Use a potato masher.
- In a large pot, mix together strawberries, lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur.
- Stir in sugar, bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stirring constantly.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in pectin.
- Skim off foam.
- Stir for 5 minutes (this will prevent floating fruit).
- Ladle into sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch from rim. Wipe rims clean. Apply lids and rings. Tighten to fingertip tight.
- Process in boiling water bath for 5 minutes.
NotesMakes 6 half pints
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
HKA Community Fair Recipes 2015
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More