- Cooking Time: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable or canola oil
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sift together AP flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and soda and salt together in a bowl. Stir in oats.
- In another bowl, whisk egg. Mix in sugar, then add vanilla, oil, yogurt, orange rind, egg and milk until just combined. Stir in chopped strawberries.
- Mix strawberry mixture together with dry ingredients. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups and bake about 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
NotesPer muffin: Calories: 177 / Fat: 6g / Carbs: 27g / Sugars: 9g / Protein: 4.8g
(making muffins without nuts will eliminate about 20 calories and 2g of fat)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More