- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 5 ounces (1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons) canned peaches in heavy syrup (from a 15-ounce can)*
- 2 fresh limes
- 3 ounces (1/4 cup, plus 2 tablespoons) premium light rum
- 3 large, fresh strawberries or 1/2 medium, fresh banana
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Do ahead: In a blender, purée the entire can of peaches. Set peach purée aside in a separate bowl/pitcher. Rinse blender bowl and return to base.
- To make 2 cocktail drinks: Juice two limes, and pour juice into blender. Add rum, 5 ounces (1/3 of the purée from the 15-ounce can) peach purée, strawberries and sugar. Fill serving glass with ice, add ice to blender and repeat, adding another glass of ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into cocktail glasses. Garnish with whipped cream.
- Tip: Substitute white cranberry juice in place of rum for a non-alcoholic treat for the kids to enjoy.
- Serving glass: 14-ounce cocktail glass (daiquiri/poco grande).
- Servings: 2
- Nutritional Information Per Serving:
- Calories per drink (strawberry-peach daiquiri): 130 (based on 80-proof rum)**
- Calories per drink (banana-peach daiquiri): 140 (based on 80-proof rum)**
- *Note: One, 15-ounce can of peaches in heavy syrup makes 6 drinks.
- **Note: Higher-proof rum contributes more calories.
NotesEnjoy a taste of the islands in your backyard. This fruity daiquiri is refreshing and cool, and made with canned peaches, providing vitamins A and C. And each recipe variation is a delicious way to refresh you on a warm spring or summer day. This recipe can be prepared with or without alcoholic ingredients so it’s great for the whole family.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More