- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryRecipe developed for The Star by professional home economists Kathryn Moore and Roxanne Wyss.
By Jill Wendholt Silva
(c) 2009, The Kansas City Star.
Per (1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons dressing): 148 calories (62 percent from fat), 11 grams total fat (1 gram saturated), 1 milligram cholesterol, 10 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams protein, 29 milligrams sodium, 3 grams dietary fiber.
- 8 cups lettuce (a combination of romaine and spring greens is preferred)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced -fat crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup strawberry all-fruit spread
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place greens in large salad bowl. Sprinkle with red onion, feta and pecan pieces; set aside.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine.