STRAWBERRY PECAN LETTUCE SALAD--3 WW POINTS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 8 cups lettuce (a combination of romaine and spring greens is preferred)
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced -fat crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons toasted pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup strawberry all-fruit spread
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Place greens in large salad bowl. Sprinkle with red onion, feta and pecan pieces; set aside.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients until blended. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine.
NotesRecipe developed for The Star by professional home economists Kathryn Moore and Roxanne Wyss.
By Jill Wendholt Silva
(c) 2009, The Kansas City Star.
Per (1 1/2 cups, plus 2 tablespoons dressing): 148 calories (62 percent from fat), 11 grams total fat (1 gram saturated), 1 milligram cholesterol, 10 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams protein, 29 milligrams sodium, 3 grams dietary fiber.