- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 3 fresh persimmons
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and coat a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
- Rinse strawberries and remove tops. Cut into halves or quarters if large and place in prepared baking dish. Cut persimmons in half and scoop flesh into a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth and add persimmon puree to baking dish. Toss puree and strawberries with sugar and flour. Spread strawberry mixture into an even layer.
- In a clean food processing cup, combine flour and butter. Pulse several times until butter is in pea-sized clumps. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pulse until combined. Sprinkle topping mixture over strawberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until fruit is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm, with vanilla ice cream if desired
NotesFor this recipe, I merged late autumn persimmons with early spring strawberries, but it would be great with any berry coming into season, such as blueberries or blackberries. In that case, add in some sliced peaches, fresh or frozen.
Decadent Desserts Made From
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Bacon Wrapped Mushrooms
Spicy Chicken Ranch Hot Dip
Big Matt's babyback ribsSee More