- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups large strawberries
- 1 graham-cracker or pastry pie crust, baked and cooled
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, water and cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and becomes clear. Remove from heat. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved and well-mixed.
- Cut tops off strawberries. Arrange strawberries, cut side down, in pie crust, with the biggest berries in the center of the pie. Cover the entire crust. Pour syrup over strawberries, making sure to coat each berry. Refrigerate until set, several hours. If desired, serve with whipped cream.