- Cooking Time: 10
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 60
- 16oz container of strawberries
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 prepared pie crust
- whipped cream, for topping
- Cut the tops off all the strawberries and quarter them. Put the strawberries in a bowl with 2 cups of sugar, mix it up a bit, cover with some cling wrap and let it sit for a few hours.
- When the strawberries have finished, mix together water, cornstarch and butter.
- Stir strawberries, then drain off juice into a saucepan. Place pan over meadium high and bring to a boil. As soon as it boils, add in the cornstarch mixture and lower the heat, stirring until it takes on a nice syrupy glaze look.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled combine syrup and strawberries and pour into prepared pie crust.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Refrigerate, and serve chilled.
NotesI don't know where I found this recipe, but I imagine I stumbled upon it somewhere online. This only takes a few hours and most of that can be spent watching TV!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Breads and Pastry 101
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More