- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"Three yummy layers make this a delightful salad/dessert surprise. There's a gelatin and strawberry layer, a creamy cream cheese and whipped cream layer, and finally a crushed and sweetened baked pretzel layer. Serves ten."
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 3 cups strawberries, chilled
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream butter or margarine with the brown sugar. Mix in the pretzels and pat mixture into the bottom of one 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 to 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water and stir in the strawberries. Chill until partially thickened.
- In a small bowl beat the cream cheese and white sugar together until smooth. Fold in the whipped cream. Spread mixture over the top of the cooled crust, making sure to seal the edges. Chill then pour the gelatin mixture over he cream cheese layer. Chill until firm.