- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. each soda, salt,and baking powder
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup butter milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3 cups fresh or 1 package (13 oz.) package frozen cut rhubarb
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen sliced strawberries, sweetened
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13 pan or line with Reynold's parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- For filling: Cut rhubarb into 1 inch pieces and combine with berries in a saucepan. Simmer, covered, about 5 minutes, Add lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch, add to fruit. Cook and stir 4 – 5 minutes, until thickened and set aside to cool.
- For topping: Combine sugar, flour, and butter until crumbly and set aside.
- For batter: combine flour, sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture becomes fine crumbs. Beat together butter,
- milk, eggs, and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- To complete: Spread half the batter in prepared pan. Spread cooled filling over batter. Spoon remaining batter in rounds on top of filling.
- Sprinkle topping over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Cool before cutting.
NotesThis cake always makes me think of summer, even if it's January! When the berries and rhubarb are in season, this cake is a sweet and tart celebration of their flavors, but it can easily be done with frozen fruits any time of year! It is perfect with a cup of tea and some gossip ;)
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More