- Cooking Time: 60 min
- Servings: 8 slices
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb -- peel with a vegetable peeler and chop
- 3 cups fresh strawberries -- clean and slice in half
- 1 plain (homemade or store-bought) pie crust -- enough for bottom and top crust
- Sift together all dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle bottom of crust with 1/3 of dry mixture.
- Gently add rhubarb and strawberries and heap onto pie shell.
- Create a slight mound in center.
- Sprinkle remaining mixture over rhubarb and strawberries.
- Dot filling with butter.
- Cover with top crust, arranging the pastry in a lattice pattern, or leave whole with decorative cuts to vent.
- Bake 10 minutes at 425 degrees F
- Reduce to 350 degrees F, and bake 40 to 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting.
NotesHere is a very simple recipe for a filling to use in your favorite crust.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More