- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 recipe Pate Brisee
- 4 cups of chopped Rhubarb (The red stuff)
- 3/4 cup Orange Blossom honey, divided
- 3 TB Cornstarch or ArrowRoot
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tsp Orange zest
- 2 TB unsalted Butter
- Mix Rhubarb with 1/2 cup of the orange blossom honey, Refrigerate overnight.
- Make 1 recipe of Pate Brisee; Divide in 1/2 and roll out the first dough ball to become the bottom crust or a 9 - inch glass pie plate.
- Roll out the second ball, utilizing a pasty cutter, cut into strips for a lattice top.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Remove Rhubarb and drain the juice into a sauce pan.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup orange blossom honey, cornstarch, cinnamon, and orange zest.
- Cook over medium heat until thick, clear and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and fold in the Rhubarb.
- Fold in the unsalted butter.
- Pour filling into waiting shell, top with a woven lattice top.
- Place a sheet of tin foil on the bottom of your stove. (Because Rhubarb pie ALWAYS stews over a little bit)
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack and serve with Rum'ed, Brandied or Bourbon'ed stabilized whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with a little nutmeg.
NotesI call this Strawberry Rhubarb pie. Not because it contains strawberries, the particular type of rhubarb I use is referred to as strawberry, because it is red all the way through producing a very red pie. Regular rhubarb, which is more green in color, is much more astringent than the strawberry variety.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More