- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- Organic Mixed Green package
- 1 small red onion - thinly sliced
- 1lb fresh strawberries -hulled and quartered
- 1 avocado
- 1 log Goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 recipe balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Vinaigrette Dressing:
- In small bowl or jar mix vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Let sit until salt dissolves.
- Whisk in 1/2 olive oil until emulsified.
- On large platter or bowl dress mixed greens with half the vinaigrette.
- Layer the strawberries, sliced onions, chopped nuts and avocado on top of dressed greens.
- Crumble goat cheese over the top of salad
- Drizzle additional dressing over salad to taste.
- Salad can also be served with grilled chicken for a light supper main dish.
NotesThis is one of my husband's favorite salads. During the summer we grill skinless chicken breasts and serve on top of the salad for a light summer meal.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More