STRAWBERRY SALAD W/BALSAMIC DIJON DRESSING
- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 10
- Organic Mixed Green package
- 1 small red onion - thinly sliced
- 1lb fresh strawberries -hulled and quartered
- 1 avocado
- 1 log Goat cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1 recipe balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
In small bowl or jar mix vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and salt and pepper. Let sit until salt dissolves.
Whisk in 1/2 olive oil until emulsified.
On large platter or bowl dress mixed greens with half the vinaigrette.
Layer the strawberries, sliced onions, chopped nuts and avocado on top of dressed greens.
Crumble goat cheese over the top of salad
Drizzle additional dressing over salad to taste.
Salad can also be served with grilled chicken for a light supper main dish.