- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) water
- 2/3 cup (135 grams) granulated white sugar
- 2 pounds (1 kg) fresh strawberries
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (I used 6 key limes)
- Cook water and sugar together to a nice syrup.. takes ca 4 to 5 minutes.
- rinse and puré the strawberries, combine the lime/lemon juice then the syrup stirring constantly. Some caramel may build but will dissolve when stirred well
- I added this mixture to my icemaker and let it work for 45 minutes. Then it became like a nice frozen strawberry margarita, just the virgin type :)
- Some I put in a box in the freezer and it looks promising :)
- Tastes just wonderful on a hot summer night!
NotesI found the basis for this recipie on joyofbaking.com and I just tried it out, adjusted it a little and wow! :) Just wonderful!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More